Easy Granola Bar Recipe for Kids is a great snack option around my house because it uses ingredients I always have in my pantry and my sweeties love them. I made a batch over the weekend and Big B was watching how many Stud and I ate because he wanted to make sure there were enough left for him to have packed in his lunch this morning. I love that my boy appreciates a great snack! This recipe is so easy, making another batch is totally no big deal! Note: These are messy!
After setting the oven to 350 degrees, I tossed my ingredients into a large bowl. This recipe calls for 1/2 cup of all the ingredients, with exception to 2 cups of oatmeal. I haven’t had my kids make this recipe yet, because I love how impressed they are when I serve them, but I’m thinking this will be the next snack recipe I teach them. It is SUPER simple and totally rewarding!
Easy Granola Bar Recipe for Kids
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Author: Barns and Noodles
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 15 bars
Ingredients
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter (or 1 stick butter, softened)
- ½ cup M&Ms (raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, etc.)
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray (for thicker bars use a 9x9 pan).
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for about 18 minutes, or until lightly golden on edges.
- Cool five minutes in pan, cut into squares and completely cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 18 bars.
- See more at: http://www.barnsandnoodles.com/10easy-granola-bar-recipe-for-kids/#sthash.JOC36EkC.dpuf
No comments:
Post a Comment